If you are looking for some new and interesting recipes to try out on the BBQ then these Spam and Halloumi Kebabs with chilli dressing are a must. It is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. Below you will a list of everything you will need plus an easy to follow step by step guide on how to make them.
This recipe will make 12 6 inch kebabs
You will need
- 1 x 340g can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
- 1 x 250g of Halloumi cheese
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 2 medium red onions – cut into cubes
- Bay leaves (optional)
For the dressing you will need
1 red chilli – deseeded and very finely chopped
1 tablespoon of parsley – very finely chopped
75ml olive oil (plus a little extra for brushing on the kebabs)
1. Put the kebab sticks to soak in cold water
2. Mix the finely chopped chilli and finely chopped parsley into a medium mixing bowl and leave to infuse.
3. Slice the SPAM® Chopped Pork With Black Pepper into four long slices, then each slice in two and slice again to give you 8 x 1” cubes per slice – total 32 cubes
4. Slice the Halloumi cheese exactly the same way, then place into the chilli/parsley dressing and turn over to coat with the dressing
5. Thread the SPAM® With Black Pepper, Halloumi cheese, pepper, red onions and Bay leaves (if using) on to the kebab sticks
6. Brush the meat etc with a little of the extra olive oil and place on a hot BBQ griddle to brown and sizzle, then turn over and repeat on the other side. Serve hot drizzled with the remaining chilli/parsley dressing and salads.
Kebab skewers are easy to use and really add a bit of sophistication to your BBQ, not mention making it easier for your guests to enjoy their kebabs. There are lots of different options available including both disposable and reusable. For eco friendly reasons we always suggest opting for anything that is reusable and if you don’t already have any skewers then we recommend the Square Kebab Skewers from Spice Kitchen that come in packs of 5, 10, 15 or 20. They are 53cm long – 8mm wide and are made with a sturdy, square skewer blade design and wooden handle.