The boys broke up from school and pre school yesterday for Easter and I am lucky to be able to have almost the full two weeks off with them. However, I know that the best way to avoid an argument filled holiday period is to keep them busy, with fun filled days exploring new places and learning through new activities. This doesn’t have to cost a fortune if you know were to go, so I have put together a list of FREE Easter activities in Chester that you can enjoy.
- FREE CINEMA FILMS Grosvenor Museum is showing popular films for free this Easter, including finding dory and Moana. To book your tickets click here.
2. EATON HALL CHARITY DAY – Eaton Hall are opening their gates for a charity day on 16th April, with lots of activities going on including crafts, music and Easter egg hunts.
3. CITY CENTER EGG HUNT CH1 are running an Easter egg hunt around Chester, all you have to do is locate the eggs hidden in businesses across the city for your chance to win prizes.
4. BECOME A VICTORIAN CHEMIST – On 5th April Grosvenor Museum are offering you the chance to become a Victorian chemist and try your hand at mixing some medicines. They are holding drop In in sessions on 5th April between 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm, although this brilliant event is FREE, they do suggest you make a donation of £1.50.
5. MAP THE WORLD – On 11th April between 2pm and 4pm Grosvenor Museum invite you to help them build a map of the world using recycled material, a great way to teach your child geography in a fun and engaging manner. Again this event is free with a suggested donation of £1.50.
6. EASTER CRAFTS – On the 13th April you can create Eater bonnets and baskets between 2pm and 4pm at the Grosvenor Museum for FREE with a £1.50 suggested donation.
Let me know if you have know of any other FREE Eater activities going on in Chester and I can add them to the list.